Are you looking for a great breakfast or anytime cookie? These are a great choice! The main recipe is from Leelalicious. I personally don’t use these as breakfast cookie, but I add some chocolate chips and make it a sweet nutrient filled treat!
I’ve included some notes at the end of the original recipe of how to adapt these to your needs.
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey, warmed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup dried fruit, raisin, dried cherries, etc…
- 1/2 cup seeds, sunflower seeds are great
- 1/2 cup nuts, cashes are yummy
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (only if using unsalted nuts above)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine peanut butter, coconut oil and honey. Mix until smooth.
- Place all other ingredients into a large bowl. Mix with the peanut butter mixture until evenly distributed.
- Drop about 1/4 cup sized scoops of the mixture onto a cookie sheet and flatten (cookies won’t spread while baking). Bake for about 15 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet before moving to an air-tight storage container.
- add 1/4 c chocolate chips
- • use any nut butter of your choice
- • add/omit nuts and seeds
- • any dried fruit fits
- For Dairy free choose dairy free chocolate chips
- For Gluten free choose gluten free oats
Photo credit: leelalicious.com