Why are Chia seeds considered a ‘superfood’? Here’s a few reasons!
- 1. It is a super antioxidant
- 2. It is a plant-based source of Omega-3.
- 3. It is also a plant-based protein source
- 4. Fiber content
Here are five easy ways to incorporate Chia seeds into your meals !
- 1. Chia Pudding
- 2. Add to a smoothie
- 3. In a Stir-Fry
- 4. On a salad or in dressing
- 5. Baked in bread
I’m sharing a very simple Chia pudding recipe here that would be a great place to start if you are new to using Chia seeds! It’s so easy and, honestly, so delicious! You won’t regret starting here on your Chia seed adventures!
5 Ingredient Chia Pudding
- 6 Tbsp Whole Chia Seeds
- 1.5 c Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Toppings of choice: fruit, nuts (butters), coconut flakes, etc
1. Add chia seeds to a mixing bowl. Pour milk into the bowl and stir until chia seeds are fully incorporated into the mixture. 2. Add honey and vanilla, mix again. 3. Refrigerate for at least one hour, then stir. Refrigerate until desired texture, best if done over night. Add desired toppings and serve. Note: Chia pudding will last in the fridge for 3-4 days.