The Tuesday Tip this week is a healthful, easy lunch or dinner recipe!
Quinoa Burrito Bowls
Servings: 4 Calories per serving: 258 Carbohydrates per serving: 42gProtein per serving: 9gFat per serving: 7g
- 1 cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice (divided)
- ¼ cup Light Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Small Onion (diced)
- 1Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- ½ cup Canned Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup Corn (thawed frozen)
- add Lime Wedges (optional)
1. Place quinoa in fine-mesh strainer; rinse well under cold running water. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan; stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed. Stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice. Cover and keep warm. Combine sour cream and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add black beans and corn; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
3. Divide quinoa among 4 serving bowls; top with black bean mixture, lettuce, and sour cream mixture. Garnish with lime wedges.