I’m back to share some recipes with you! Though I’m mostly out of the office on maternity leave, I’ve been setting aside one day a week to keep our Health Refresh clients rolling toward wellness. Try this yummy pear and gorgonzola salad for lunch this week!
Refreshing Pear Gorgonzola Salad
Servings: 4 side salads
For the salad dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey or agave
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice
For the salad
- 3 cups wild lettuce mix or arugula
- 1 pear diced
- 3 tbsp crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries roughly chopped
- Toast the walnuts in a pan with a small amount of oil over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- To make the salad dressing, add the olive oil, vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, and oregano to a small mixing bowl. Whiskingredients together until well combined. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, if desired and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the lettuce, pear, cheese, walnuts and cranberries to a large salad bowl.
- Top the salad with half the salad dressing. Mix gently to coat the lettuce. If the salad requires more dressing, add a little extra at a time until the desired dressing ratio is reached. Serve immediately.
- This recipe makes 2 large salads or up to 4 small side salads.
- A small pear is enough for this salad. If you can only find a large pear, start with half and add more only if you think it needs it.
- You may prefer more or less vinaigrette on your salad, so start with half and add until your desired level.