Are you looking for a little indulgence this week? Or something to celebrate back to school week soon? We’ve got the perfect recipe to share today. This recipe is being shared from by Tara and was originally found at ambitiouskitchen.com.
Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies w/ Sea Salt (V, GF)
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 16 bars
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c all natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/3 c pure maple syrup or agave nectar (you can also use honey if you are not Vegan)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 c vegan (or regular) chocolate chips + 2 tbsp
- coarse sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and spray 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until mixture is smooth.
- Fold 1/3 c chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tbsp of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean and the edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out.
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on a wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares. Makes 16 blondies. Store covered in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Adding an egg to the batter will make it more cake-like, but not vegan. You can use your favorite nut butter, just make sure its all natural. Feel free to add in other things according to your dietary needs like nuts, dried fruit, or other types of chocolate.